Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Dangerous Habit of Living in Denial..


It hurts when we don't support, in what so ever way we can, the causes which have or can have greater impact on our society, our nation and our Home- The Blue Planet EARTH..!

Yesterday was world Earth Hour (28th March 2015 from 8:30pm-9:30pm local time). It's being promoted by WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) every year since 2007 when it started in Australia as an awareness initiative against Global Warming.

All we had to do was Switch Off our all non essential lights for 1hour starting from 8:30 pm local time! But did we?
I didn't..because I forgot! And why I forgot?? probably because I didn't give it that much importance.

I was also hurt by the fact that we all have all the time to send/forward so many useless nonsense jokes/pranks on all social media sites. But, I don't remember seeing any regarding this important issue in my frnd circle..which disheartens me! 

We can't be aloof about climate change for long. Because it's inevitable.. unless we pledge to act now! 


"We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change, and the last generation that can do anything about it!" -Barack Obama 


No comments:

यादों में...

यादों में... (Written BY my MOTHER in loving memory of my FATHER) "कभी सोचा न था, दिन ऐसे भी आएँगे.. जो समझती थी खुद को रानी, वो यूँ ...