Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's a New Day...

7:45am: My alarm, as usual was ringing incessantly and I, like every other day, as my daily chore, hit the snooze button and rapidly passed from stage II of my sleep (to which the alarm has brought me into!) to stage IV… The clock, as a loyal servant, ignoring my battering, again resumed its duty of bringing me back from stage IV of my sleep to alert state with prominent beta wave emitting form my brain in another 15 min… but got the same treatment from me again…
and this process continues daily till my subconscious mind realizes that if my neo-cortex doesn’t resume its routine now, I am going to be late… and this usually happens by 8:45 am or 9:00 am… when I have just enough time (30-45 min) left to get rid of my daily ‘jobs’ [excluding having the breakfast :-(] and report to the OPD by 9:30am… And all of a sudden, the lazy, dormant, floppy body of mine becomes so agile as if its motor cortex has been replaced by that of a floor-gymnast… and within half an hour I not only get rid of my daily routines but also reach the hospital…

But Today, on June 22nd, 2010  the 2nd longest day of the year which happens to be another Tuesday after the much ‘hated’ Monday (‘hated’ because it comes after Sunday!), everything was bit different… although the day started as described above… but only with a small difference… in spite getting out of the bed like a gazelle, on the final alarm… I remembered the last night’s 'masti'- the late night party, playing cards till 3 am, the long ‘senti’ chats, the big promises that we made…
 
And then I realized, my internship is over… O Yes! Internship is over…

So, there’s no duty today… there’s no rush to report to the OPD, no more 'chick-chick' with PGs, no more sampling, no more ‘date-takings’ (For CT/MRI), no more rushing to the bathroom, no waiting in line, no more fear of not getting warm water for bathing… and so is no more chatting, laughing and cracking jokes in hospital canteens... no more bunking OPDs and having sips of tea in Doctors' duty room of Casualty... and suddenly the most active few hours the whole day become so mundane…!! All of a sudden, Life seemed to have become so ‘slow’… as if some movie going in fast forward mode has suddenly been bought to a halt…

Today morning when I was lying in bed thinking about all these… I realized this milestone of my life has brought with it ‘mixed feelings’… While on one hand I am happy for I have finally become, what I always wanted to be… Dr. Virat Kuntalam! Yes! It’s official now!!! On the other hand I feel the fear of losing friends- friends who were like my family and teachers who were my guardian for last 6 years… and this beautiful place which is just like heaven these days… but that’s how things are in life…

And I have to move on… keep striving for the best in life…

“It’s a new world…
It’s a new start…
It’s a life with a beating of a young heart…
It’s a new day in a new land…
And it’s waiting for me…” – Bryan Adams




39th UG Batch, IGMC Shimla…
(+91)9318645565

To Read My other Posts Click HERE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely expressed emotions doctor...
keep posting... and Good Luck for your future.

Anonymous said...

goog one kuntu....aawsum narration...
dirty 7 diaries

Dr. Virat K. said...

thanx..! :-)

यादों में...

यादों में... (Written BY my MOTHER in loving memory of my FATHER) "कभी सोचा न था, दिन ऐसे भी आएँगे.. जो समझती थी खुद को रानी, वो यूँ ...