Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Indian system- Part II

The Indian System- Part II


My schooling is from Nainital, Uttaranchal. And I did my graduation from Shimla, Himachal.. and before that few years of PMT preparation at Delhi... So what I want to convey is I, for most of the time of my life so far, have been away from my home...which is a small town, Forbesganj, in North Bihar, near Indo-Nepalese border.

During my schooling days I used to come home in long (one & half months) winter vacation and a short (2-3weeks) summer vacation. And during those days I used to be the boss...! All my wishes used to get fulfilled.. I used to get maximum attention... even from my Badi Maa (Tai Jee) and Bade Papa (Tau Jee)... More than any of my cousins...!!

One thing that irritated me those days was, whenever I was served food it always was way more than my stomach can accommodate...specially the best dish of the meal...! I always failed to understand that why in hell they serve so much when I always wasted food... Many a times I complained to mom as well...but she too used to ignore my complaint... It has been almost 20yrs since then...and even today when I go to my village...I am still served with foods more than I could actually eat...but now there is a little difference and that is: now, I don't get irritated..!! Coz I have realised that its their way of showing affection... And it's shown by 'quantity'... The more u get the more u r valued...!

P.S: To get better idea abt the Post's title do read my previous blog:
The Indian System


Dr. Virat
Jr. Resident, Dept. of ENT
Dr. BSA Hospital, Rohini
Delhi-85
+91 9013315446

No comments:

यादों में...

यादों में... (Written BY my MOTHER in loving memory of my FATHER) "कभी सोचा न था, दिन ऐसे भी आएँगे.. जो समझती थी खुद को रानी, वो यूँ ...