Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Keeping the Child alive in YOU...!

"Why small kids usually succeed?
How babies learn first to stand, then to walk and ultimately to run...?"

Well, why am I asking all these today?
An Idea can Change You!
Actually, it had been quite some time since I wrote rather I would say I even visited my blog site... and deep down I was feeling compelled to write some thing... but to write you need ideas and ideas don't come easily... :-(



                So, I was sitting in OPD... day before yesterday (i.e. one day before Holi) and hence it was a relatively lighter day... I was looking out through the window in the waiting hall... thinking what should I write about... and I saw an infant in the common waiting hall of my department and Dept. of Ophthalmology... she (or may be he!) was 11-12 months old...
she was left on the floor by her mother who was sitting on the chair near by...(waiting for her turn probably to get her eyes checked)...the baby was trying to stand holding the chair... which she easily did... but then as she left the support...she swayed twice and as expected, she fell... she looked around, made her face as if she were going to cry... but she didn't... in fact she stood again and again left her support... this time she fell instantly...

              I was observing all this keenly and curiously and I thought "abki to ye pakka hi royegi..." but surprisingly she didn't... instead she got up again (though after 5 minutes) and cautiously (apparently though!) left handle of the chair again... naturally she swayed again... once... twice... thrice... but she didn't fall because... her mother noticed her and caught her... took her up in her lap and kissed her...! The baby almost ate her mom's cheek... :-)

                I don't know why... but it felt great.. just by watching the baby's efforts there was a strange sense of accomplishment inside me... as if I had achieved something... and I guess you too would have felt the same..!

          Coming back to the original question. The question with which this post started...
                I believe, the key lies in Forgetting the Failures! And babies are indeed blessed with it... had it not been the case how do you think they learn to take the first step of life...Remember, in an attempt to take the first step they fall tens of times! But still they try and keep trying until they succeed...

               The 'Fall' is certainly not a 'reward' which would make them persevere through... and at 11-12 months of age they are definitely not capable enough to foresee the rewards they would reap if they master the skill...! So, I guess its the ability to forget the failures... thats operational behind all this and in what a brilliant fashion! 

                Or, is it the "Survival Instinct" which has got 'hard wired' into our limbic system- the oldest part of our brain in due course of evolution... because to be able to walk/run, certainly has survival benefits... 

Forget it! Whatever be it...! The point I wanna make here is... 

                 If what I have been saying so far is reasonable then the next question that needs to be answered is:
"Is our Logical/rational/reasonable mind holding us back from our actual potential?" I am saying so because we do tend to succumb to our failures subsequently (if not at the very first instance)... Is our brain, our understandings of effort outcome or our concept of being practical limiting us?

               I think, if we could take a lesson from a toddlers behavior just a little bit "less" rationally and follow it... we might achieve much higher grounds! 
And then the phrase-
"KEEPING ALIVE THE CHILD IN YOU" would indeed bring more meaning to our lives...!

Think!!

You Define Yourself...!
Signing off...

JR, Dept. of ENT,
Delhi-110085
+919013315446
Wanna say something to me anonymously CLICK HERE

4 comments:

Dirty 7 diaries said...

"The yound donot know enough to be prudent and so they attempt d impossible and achieve it...generation after generation"
nice post no doubt...
virat just download RSS graffiti on facebook and add the feed of ur website there, by doing this ur posts will automatically be traced by facebook, u wont need to do it manually everytime u write the posts..

Dr. Virat K. said...

Thanx...
and thanx also for the RSS idea... it's a great app.

Dirty 7 diaries said...

no issues bro...
i have added your blog link in my website...can check it out..
thanks and tk kr

vijit said...

great work viraat.....dont let the observor &
writer inside u die..

यादों में...

यादों में... (Written BY my MOTHER in loving memory of my FATHER) "कभी सोचा न था, दिन ऐसे भी आएँगे.. जो समझती थी खुद को रानी, वो यूँ ...