Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lets Recycle...!!

The shock-waves of failure in 1st two encounters of the year have settled now and after amply consoling and motivating myself with words like "Take few step back to leap further.."etc. I was finally back on track with my studies!
But somehow yesterday, I was not able to concentrate on my studies... so to utilise the time, I finally decided to make my messy room bit tidy... Just like every other bachelor's room where the largest chunk of 'mess' comes from the thrown away clothes, missing pairs of dirty socks & of course the boxers and 'chaddies', and dirty plates & coffee-mugs beneath the bed...in fact the only thing which can be found exactly at it's usual place is deodrants and perfumes...! ;-) And Mine too was no exception
except for the fact that a significant portion of the pile-up was books and stationaries...!(that's mainly because in this field and particularly at this time of my life all I want is one decent seat in my desired field at my desired college!)
The Left ones are out of ink...


I tossed a coin to decide from where I should start! And as it turned out, I started with my books & stationaries!
As I was arranging my stationaries, I was surprised to realise that I had more than a dozen pens/ball pens and more than half a dozen highlighters which was not working... I wondered why was that so?
Why I haven't got them refilled... All I could make out was only two reasons:
1. Whenever I misplace my pen (usually when it's quarter or half way through), I don't bother to look for it...all I used to do was Just buy a new one!!
2. And when I somehow find the old ones I use them and never bothered to get it refilled!
Well, having figured out what was wrong with my pens and markers I decided to rectify it! Just a few buildings away from where I live these days, there is a stationary shop- not so big though, but I presumed it will meet my requirements for now at least! I took all my emptied up pens and dried up hi lighters and went to the shop and asked for their refills!
The shopkeeper said,"kya bhaiya! 5 ka pen aata hai aur 5 ki hi refill aati hai...! Pen hi le lo, koi refill nahi leta aajkal!!"
But I insisted on refills! And All I got was refill for 3 of my pens and Hilighter ink (orange and green) at that shop! I came back to my flat determined to go to bigger shop in evening to look for the refills!
But, I was thinking how unwise it is of us that in stead of getting our pens refilled we buy a all new pen. And the irony is, we are happy, thinking that we got pen at the rate of a refill... It doesn't need an Einstein to figure out how undue burden we are putting on nature when we do something 'stupid' like that...!
I guess you have figured out what I was trying to convey!

So,
PLEASE RECYCLE...!
EVERY BIT OF YOUR EFFORT COUNTS..!!

I, certainly, am going to....!
Are YOU too...???

Dr. Virat Kuntalam

JB- 3E, Hari Enclave
New Delhi, 110064.
(+91)9013315446

Wanna say something to me anonymously CLICK HERE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one dear...!
keep posting...!!a

dirty 7 diaries said...

nice post ..who say ur a tyro...awsum skills...its really difficult to portray the things in ur words...

Dr. Virat K. said...

@ Munish2425: Thanx buddy.. will try to live up to your expectations !

यादों में...

यादों में... (Written BY my MOTHER in loving memory of my FATHER) "कभी सोचा न था, दिन ऐसे भी आएँगे.. जो समझती थी खुद को रानी, वो यूँ ...